Tuesday, May 21, 2013

WGT 2013 - Friday Outfit

I'm back from WGT and it was as amazing as ever! I had a blast meeting so many different interesting and inspiring people, although I broke a negative record by only seeing 3 bands (Abney Park, KMFDM, VNV Nation) in full. But all the amazing other happenings made up for that...

On Friday, I visited the Victorian Picnic together with my boyfriend, Neisella, Meara and *wollmaus* (who was at the WGT for the first time, yay!). It is getting more and more crowded, especially with photographers. If they are nice and ask before taking pictures (or even afterwards, if they want to take natural pictures) I'm okay with them. But just clicking around and shooting people while talking, eating or doing whatever they like is just not very polite... The pictures I use here on my blog were taken by my boyfriend, who obviously had permission to shoot me anytime! ^^

  photo 1368804092240_zpsd52b8f44.jpg

 photo 1368804066780_zps35b37bdf.jpg
Taille, headpiece and over skirt: 1860's crinoline
Underskirt: Bat outfit WGT 2012
Crinoline: Bought in Nachtkatze's former shop
Hair piece: Curled by yours truly ^^

I really liked the outfit after all, although the 1860's crinoline and I had a bad start. The only thing that annoyed me was that I simply forgot to put on jewelry. I left it at the hotel... Maybe I should get dressed up again for another photo shoot with all the bells and whistles?!

After the Vic Pic, we dressed a little more casually before heading to  Abney Park. I liked the show, although the show was less exciting than I was told before. It was a nice concert, but I have seen better bands!

10 comments:

Underground For Tea said...

C'est magnifique!

MindLess said...

@ Underground For Tea: Thank you!

linnea-maria said...

You look absolutely lovely! so nice to see you in the dress you have been working so much on :)

Nachtkatze said...

Du hast so schöööön ausgesehen *hachmach*

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Thank you very much! It took quite some time, but in the end, it was worth it...

@ Nachtkatze: Sagt die Richtige! Ich überlege schon, welches deiner Outfits ich als erstes nachmachen soll... *knuddel*

graverobbergirl said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

BEAUTIFUL! The dress turned out amazing! If I would have forgot my jewellery it would have driven me nuts! I am weird about my outfits, I have to have all my accessories or it just doesn't feel right!

MindLess said...

@ graverobbergirl: Thanks! *blush*

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thank you! I didn't think of the jewelry at all until Neisella pointed out that my ears were "naked". Afterwards I was so annoyed by myself. How can one forget about jewelry?!

Shannon Rutherford said...

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the accessories, the dress is so stunning that all the attention would have been focused on it - maybe the jewelry would've been "too much", 'cause when you're wearing such a piece of clothing it should be the center of your outfit, and it totally is :). This dress was absolutely worth the time you spent working on it!

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: Thanks so much! Since I made the jewelry with this dress in mind, I think it would not have overwhelmed it. I like my outfits to be well rounded and jewelry belongs -for me at least- to a perfect outfit!