Friday, May 3, 2013

Week in Review 18/2013

What did I see?
I got hooked on "Breaking Bad" and watched two and a half seasons while sewing this week. Admittedly, I had a long weekend - 5 days off- and therefore some time for leisure...

What did I listen to?
Brooklyn Bounce. Not afraid to admit my lack of taste in music! ^^

What did I ask myself?
Somehow, I feel underwhelmed. Six months? But then again, another 2-3 publications won't hurt.

What did I read?
I finished the second novel of the  "River of London" series "Moon over Soho" by Ben Aaronovitch, which has all the things to make a novel interesting: Magic, love, vampires and (Jazz) music. Go read it!
I also read a short piece of the third novel of  Will Hill's "Department 19", which was available for the Kindl. I'm looking forward to reading the whole book!

What did I work on?
More jewelry, the 1860s Taille, some accessories for 1860, Madame Cherié... A very productive time off!

I was happy about...
Sleeping in, doing nothing, reading... Days off are a bliss!


I was annoyed about...
Not visiting Phantasialand (a theme park in Germany) because of the boyfriend. Hrmpf!


I bought...
Books, 7 to be precise. And fake cherries. Oh, and new chucks and a striped t-shirt.

6 comments:

Xanthy said...

Oh, the 2nd book in the Rivers of London series... Is it good? I read the first one a while back (auf Deutsch) and wasn't quite sure if I should read the second one :p

MindLess said...

I liked it (auf Deutsch ^^) as much as the first one. This one is more centered around music than rivers, but still - I recommend it!

Shannon Rutherford said...

Breaking Bad is AWESOME! Have you seen Jane yet? Aside from being my favourite character in BB, she's also a gorgeous goth <3!

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: Yes, she has already come and gone... I'm not even shure who my favourite character is, they all act so well together and noone is utterly flawless and likeable. They are so human!

Shannon Rutherford said...

That's absolutely true. Jane definitely wasn't flawless, but she was a very interesting character - she had her passions and she was clever, but that didn't stop her from giving in to her weaknesses... Jesse and Jane's story was so beautiful.
Well, keep on watching BB, it'll only get better. I think the best season was the 4th - it was the most compelling - but they're all amazing. It's really one of the best series you can find on tv.

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: A bit like Romeo and Juliet, but with heroin instead of parental hatred...