Thursday, May 2, 2013

Party hard, party hard! - Taille sewing and boning

I know, I took quite some time to finish this project. But since I didn't make it to the ball and had some troubles fitting the back, I somehow lost all the motivation to work on this project. But it was still in the back of my head, always nagging when I started something else...

The taille was actually pretty far. I cut the fabrics (satin, cotton interlining, poly interlining - non- stretchy and normal lining) ages ago and already had most of the pieces sewn together. I even had the decorative ruffle ruffled already. But then the last back piece gave me troubles. I couldn't get the fit right, especially the shoulders always slipped or were to tight. But when I visited *wollmaus*, she helped me tremendously. We drew the pattern for the back on my body and now it finally works! So I sewed the last pieces together and put together the lining and outer fabric.

 photo ST831703_zps552f540a.jpg
Please ignore the pocket hoops, they are on the mannequin because of Madame Cherié!

Then I added the ruffles, one from silk and one from the green satin. And the lacing with two bones on each side.

 photo ST831710_zpsb7ead40c.jpg


The last steps were boning and the bias tape around the hem. And I was done!

 photo ST831713_zps2d90763a.jpg

 photo ST831712_zpsc7f85238.jpg

Another project bites the dust and finally the back of my head is free for other nagging projects!

14 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

A yes, the guilt of an unfinished project - I know it well! ;o)

It turned out beautifully! I love that colour ... :o)

Fräulein Flauschmiez said...

Ui, sieht das schon hübsch aus!!!

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's Attic: I know I'm not alone with procrastinating, but its always nice to hear from others! And the colour is great but hard to capture with camera. It is actually a bit less blue and deeper green.

@ Fräulein Flauschmiez: Danke! Ich mag es auch, obwohl es mich so geärgert hat!

Divine Obscurity said...

That's so beautiful! A gorgeous colour too!

MindLess said...

@ Divine Obscurity: Thanks! Now that the outfit is almost finished, I fall in love with it again...

Neisella Nightmare said...

Hurra, sie ist fertig! Und schön ist sie geworden =)

Nachtkatze said...

Ist die schön geworden <3 und um himmels willen, gib mir etwas von Deiner Motivation ab :D

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Danke!

@ Nachtkatze: Danke sehr! Aber ich brauch die Motivation doch selber so dringend, noch 2 Wochen und Madame Cherié ist... eher rudimentär! Wah!!!

kakuidori said...

die farbe, der schnitt, die arbeit XD <3 <3 <3

MindLess said...

@ kakuidori: Ach, danke! ^^ <3

Wollmaus said...

Hrhr. Haben wir gut gemacht.

MindLess said...

@ Wollmaus: Auf jeden Fall! Vielen Dank nochmal für deine Hilfe, sonst wäre ich vermutlich immer noch nicht weiter... *knuddel*

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

The ruffles around the shoulder are so pretty! I would like to see what it looks like on!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Yeah, I love the ruffles so much! They are really cute and flattering...