Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Party hard, party hard! - Accessoirs and hairdo

 photo ST831716_zps58de6e4b.jpg

 photo ST831717_zps2987b2ed.jpg

Since I finished the Taille yesterday, I also put some energy into making a headpiece for the outfit. Maybe I will wear this for WGT?! Anyway, the headpiece...

I had some feathers in the same colour as the satin for the outfit, so I wanted to use those. I gathered some inspiration from historical pictures:


You can see that the women around 1860 wore their hair with long locks in the back (for which I have fake hair which is already curled) and their decoration dangling with them. For my headpiece I used foam rubber, a leftover piece of satin, the feathers and my trusty hot glue gun. I used a round base:

 photo ST831719_zps7ee5c872.jpg

 photo ST831720_zps59167c0c.jpg

In addition to the headpiece, I bought gloves. No women would leave the house without gloves, that was impossible if you weren't an "easy girl". I also bought some pseudo Victorian shoes. And this is the hairdo tutorial I will use when I wear the outfit I made.

12 comments:

Niniel-Chan said...

Ohhh, auf jeden Fall einpacken fürs WGT!! :)

Sieht wirklich klasse aus, ich lieber dieser mega gerafften Röcke.

Ich hoffe wir sehen uns an Pfingsten!

Nachtkatze said...

Du MUSST das auf dem WGT tragen. Ich will diesen echten Prinzessinnentraum doch so gerne an dir bewundern :)

Shannon Rutherford said...

That is such a lovely dress! It also has a wonderful colour and fabric. I bet it's going to look awesome on you ;) also, those gloves are the perfect match for the dress, I love white+green.

Neisella Nightmare said...

Das wäre doch ein schönes Klamott für das Picknick?!

Ich finds auf jeden Fall fantastisch <3

MindLess said...

@ Nini: Ich denke schon. Du siehst doch immer so toll aus, dich kann man gar nicht verfehlen!

@ Nachtkatze: Ich muss mal schauen. Entgegen der eigentlichen Planung (ich hab nix anzuziehen) habe ich auf einmal 5 Outfits für 4 Tage! o.O''

@ Shannon Rutherford: Thanks for the compliment! I like the dress as well, but I wonder if I'M in the mood to wear it on WGT already...

@ Neisi: Danke, Süße! Ja, da würde es hinpassen. Ich weiß aber noch nicht, ob ich da hin will. Ist so voll... Oder wollen wir wieder zusammen picknicken? Das fände ich wiederum gut...

linnea-maria said...

Amazing!!!

Insomniac's Attic said...

It turned out beautifully! No gloves = easy girl. Too funny! :D

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: girl, you are making my blush! ^^

@ Insomniac's Attic: Well that is what they thought in Victorian times... Plus, gloves help tremendously when your dancing partner has sweaty hands! ;)

graverobbergirl said...

Gorgeous! Do we get to see you in it? :-)

MindLess said...

@ graverobbergirl: I think I will wear it to WGT, so possibly: Yes! ^^

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

WOW this turned out amazing!!!! I really like the black under the skirt and under the shoulder ruffles.

MindLess said...

Thanks! The black underskirt is the same I put up for my party night out, I wear it so often...