Thursday, April 25, 2013

WGT 2013 - Mademoiselle Chérie 1

I finally started with the biggest project for WGT: My participation in the "7 sins" where I represent "Gluttony". I re-named my dress/outfit Madame Chérie since, I'm planning a Marie Antoinette inspired robe francaise (= sack dress) in Blackforrest Cake colours. And I'm already a bit further into the project as I thought  since the pocket hoops and under skirt are already done! *sigh relieved* What else is to do?

To Do list:
Pocket hoops
Under skirt
Corset
Dress
Front panel (have to check the English name for it)
Wig
Cake head decoration

The fabric for the dress was bought last month, it is fake dupioni silk. The weight is nice, it matches the underskirt. I also bought white satin ruffle (30m) and red rhinestones for decoration. By now, I have the back done and I'm working on the front of the dress:

 photo ST831686_zpsb9ea4116.jpg

11 comments:

Fräulein Flauschmiez said...

Oh, I am so looking forward to it! Love Marie Antoinette inspired dresses <3

MindLess said...

@ Fräulein Flauschmiez: Ich freue mich auch schon sehr drauf... Hoffentlich schaffe ich es noch, alles (mit Deko!) rechtzeitig fertig zu bekommen!

Fräulein Flauschmiez said...

Ich drücke die Daumen!! :)

linnea-maria said...

Oh here's another one loking forward to see the result. but It is always exciting to follow your progress and how you solve everything :)

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Thanks! I'm not a professional of any sorts, I just fiddle my way trough stuff and never show the insides or mistakes...

Neisella Nightmare said...

Schleppeeeeeeeeeee ^.^

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Aber nur ein Meter, also nicht so lang wie deine...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

OMG this is going to be awesome!!! I am jealous of your sewing skills!!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Thanks for the compliment! I hope everything works out in time... ^^

kakuidori said...

bin echt mal geklappt obs diesmal mit nem treffen klappt... hast die iphone app mitm friend finder?

MindLess said...

@ kakuidori: Nein, noch nicht... Aber wir können auch ganz altmodisch einen Treffpunkt mit Uhrzeit ausmachen. Oder sollen wir Handynummern austauschen?