Friday, April 26, 2013

Week in Review 17/2013

What did I see?
New episode of Bones, How I met your mother, and Big Bang Theory. And I re-watched Beerfest while cutting the frock for my boyfriend. I think the movie is only funny when you watch it while drinking the first time. Which I did, in cinema - this was during a sneak preview some years ago and the owner of the cinema said the movie was so horrible, they will never give public viewings. They actually showed it only 2 times (once in the sneak preview and once later on, where it was never advertised except in the sneak preview itself). They gave the beer away for an Euro per bottle (usual cinema prizes are more than 2.50 Euro) and we were asked to drink whenever the characters drank. So let's just say we had an awful lot of fun! ^^

What did I listen to?
Voltaire. Especially "When You're Evil"

What did I ask myself?
How did I make it without any days off until now? Holidays are very welcome!

What did I read?
Of course I finished Cassandra Clare's "Clockwork Princess", and liked the ending very much. not what i expected, but even better. Heartily recommended, one of the few times where the last book is better than the second one!
I also read through Will Hill's "Department 19: the Rising". This time, Jamie Carpenter has to learn to lead a team, learn a lot about his past and the Vampires are people, too. The German novel has a much nicer cover, btw.
The next novel on my night stand is the second novel of the  "River of London" series by Ben Aaronovitch.

What did I work on?
The head dress for the WGT outfit, some more jewelry and the frock for my boyfriend. See, I'm not lazy!?

I was happy about...
Working on my DFG proposal. It is a bunch of work, but might be worth it!


I was annoyed about...
Only having 24 hours to the day!


I bought...
Nitwits for decoration and fake hair.

2 comments:

Charlotte Fingal said...

Ich wusste nicht, wie ich dich sonst erreichen sollte, also kommentiere ich mal das hier. Du hast diese Woche nämlich oben drauf noch "Haunting Violet" in meinem Buchgewinnspiel gewonnen. Herzlichen Glückwunsch! :-)

MindLess said...

@ Charlotte: Oh cool! Ich hatte es schon auf deinem Blog gesehen (de abonniere ich nämlich ;) ), aber danke nochmal für die liebe Nachricht auch hier!