Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday sweet - vegan lemon cake

I had a wonderful creative meeting with my friends *wollmaus* (who already posted what she made) and trisha where we talked and sewed and inspired each other very successfully! Since trisha is vegan, the cake I wanted to bring had to be egg and milk free. I used a recipe by Mephista from my favourite sewing forum and made this:


The recipe is this (translated by me):

2 cups of all purpose flour
1 Pack. baking soda
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1 cup soy (or other vegan, I used almond) milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup icing sugar
 
Mix flour with baking soda and lemon zest. In another bowl, mix oil, milk and granulated sugar with half of the lemon juice. Combine both mixes and mix quick, but careful (no more lumps of flour but don't over mix, otherwise the batter will be too wet). Bake in a fatted from for 45 min at 180 °C.

Prepare frosting by mixing icing sugar and half of the lemon juice. After baking, take the cake out of the form and pour frosting over it before it cools down.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

yumm, der war so gut :]

danke dafür und für den schönen tag und alles <3

MindLess said...

@ Trisha: Danke für die Muffins und die kreative Unterstützung! <3

linnea-maria said...

Nom nom :)

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: It was delicious!