Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Sweet - Apple cake

I know that people from the US go crazy over apple pie, but I have to admit that I never made pie before. I can imagine that it tastes a bit like Strudel with more of a crust, but until now, I never tried it. Maybe I will, but I would have to buy a pie from before... ^^

 photo 20130407_142225_zpsfbc38808.jpg

Anyway, the cake I made was delicious as well and the cut apples look really nice, don't you think? I made a simple cake recipe and added a little cinnamon to the dough. An estimated recipe is here:

125g of granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla (either ground or extract)
1 tsp cinnamon
100g butter
250g all purpose flour
1 package of baking soda
2-4 tablespoons of milk (depending on the thickness of the dough)
3 apples

Beat sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and butter together. Mix flour and baking soda. Add the flour mix tablespoon wise, adding in milk if necessary. Peel and cut the apples. Pour the batter in a buttered pan. Put the apples on top of the dough. Bake for 45minutes at 175°C.

5 comments:

kakuidori said...

ich brauch davon nen innenbild :-D sieht so schon so lecker aus!!
<3

Neisella Nightmare said...

Okay, auch wenn ich keinen Apfelkuchen mag - der sieht echt mega lecker aus!

MindLess said...

@ Kakuidori: Leider schon aufgegessen... Das nächste Mal! ^^

@ Neisi: Und ich verspreche dir, er war auch lecker!

Caitlin said...

This looks delicious!

MindLess said...

@ Caitlin: Well, it was! Such a simple cake, but very juicy!