Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mad circus - Jacket

It's only  six weeks until WGT 2013, and no outfit is finished. There goes my plan of finishing early to be more relaxed and have time for my PhD Thesis... Well, anyway; when I presented to you the mad circus outfit, I talked about sudden inspiration and "having to do this now". Obviously, I did:

 photo ST831667_zpsd4fcf35a.jpg
front

 photo ST831668_zps93a7f9d1.jpg
The two tails

 photo ST831670_zps025fae2e.jpg
Sleeves with buttons (I have no idea why the cam screwed the colours up so badly)

 photo ST831671_zpsb86ce310.jpg
grey lining - a gift by my mum

The jacket is made from stretchy red velvet I bought from the fellow "Seamstress from Hell" Svea and lined with grey poly lining which was a hand me down from my mum. As I had very little fabric to work with (mainly because I wanted to make the tails as long as possible), I had to use a different fabric for the collar. I used the black jacquard I had in stash. The buttons were also from stash, so the overall project cost me maybe 20 Euros. I put together the rest of the outfit as far as I have it. By the way, the corset is bought and was sewn by the amazing Nachtkatze. She glued hundreds of rhinestones onto it, it looks fantastic!

  photo ST831666_zpsa4ab5af7.jpg

Let's see what I will make next, I really need to work on the robe francaise...

8 comments:

Neisella Nightmare said...

Rast ich aus. Wie toll *_*

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Ach geht so. Leider wieder nur Prokrastination statt an der Todsünde zu arbeiten... *rotwerd*

Neisella Nightmare said...

Immerhin hast du schon angefangen. Meine gammelt ja nur im Kopf rum. Aber ich habe mir fest vorgenommen, diesen Sonntag damit anzufangen.
Samstag die letzten Handgriffe an dem Simplicity-Kleid und Sonntag dann Sünde *motiviert ist*

MindLess said...

Bei mir ist Samstag Todsünde angesagt. Und Sonntag geht es in den Zoo! ^^

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

OOOH I am jealous that you are going to WGT!! I was ALMOST going to go this year but instead I decided to go to M'era Luna in August. Make sure you post lots of pictures from WGT!

MindLess said...

@ Vulcan_Butterfly: Would have been great to have the opportunity to meet you in person... I'm considering to go to Mera Luna as well, but because of my uncertain job I'm not sure if I can make it! And I hope to get some nice pics this year which I will post!

Laura Morrigan said...

Gah! This is AMAZING! I need that! Can you suggest a pattern I can make this from?

MindLess said...

@ Laura Morrigan: I actually frankensteined the pattern from two Burda patterns I had in my stash... But if you have a well fitting blazer pattern, I'd suggest to cut it at the waistline. The two tails are just triangles with a slight curve on one of the long sides...