Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fabric shopping

I recently visited my favourite shopping place for fabrics to buy - what else?- some fabrics and notions. This time I was there mainly to buy fabrics for the boyfriend. He wants a fancy outfit for WGT and promised to help me put it together. And since I'm all for help with cutting and prepping the pattern, but love to sew, this seemed like a good compromise!

Most of the fabrics are black and photograph all the same. We bought some velvet, lining and fabric for pants for him as well as black Gütermann yarn (1 Euro per 500m, it's insane!) and shoulder pads. I bought 7m (more like 8m) black shirt jersey and the following fabrics:

 photo 20130331_111114_zpse135c664.jpg
Cotton sateen with red circus stripes

 photo 20130331_111133_zps1da83e74.jpg
Cotton sateen with Hedwig! Okay, it is only snow owls, but since I watched the Harry Potter movies recently, I might be influenced in my perception...

 photo 20130331_111041_zps94b6e3f8.jpg
Black and white striped cotton sateen. The stripes are about 1,5cm wide.

7 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

Do you have specific plans for the additional fabric? And I think it's Hedwig, too. ;o)

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's Attic: Not yet, no... But how could I not buy stripey fabrics? And the Hedwig fabric might make an excelent lining for a bag. I guess I can come up with something...!^^

Insomniac's Attic said...

You're absolutely right, it would be a shame to pass up stripey fabrics!

linnea-maria said...

Oh stripes! And owls!

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Yes! And yes! ;) I'm so happy!

Neisella Nightmare said...

Boah, ich will auch! Die Stoffe sind so toll!!!

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Das war sehr spontan, nächstes Mal sag ich dir Bescheid! <3