Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WGT 2013 - Gothic Circus

While I'm hardly having any time to sew and my other outfit is nowhere finished, inspiration struck me like lightening. I planned this outfit quite some time ago on my head (several months ago when a friend told me she will come to WGT and wear stripes), but never thought I could do it in time. Well, I will try anyway! ^^

 photo Prsentation2.jpg

So this is my first sketch (please don't take my bad drawing skills into account) and the general direction is still the same:
  • stripey bloomer I already own 
  • A small cylinder and hairy horns (Tutorial from Neisella)
  • a vest corset - which will be in black not in red as marked in the sketch
  • a tailcoat - for which I already bought red velvet! 
You can see that the idea evolved a bit since my sketch. And today I started cutting the velvet - which is kind of scary since the fabric is so pretty and I don't want to ruin it... ;)

4 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine, and I'm anxious to see the finished product! :D

MindLess said...

I hope you are right, but I'll probably be in time trouble anyway...

Lisa Lotte said...

Die Hörnchen erinnern mich hier ran:
http://www.irispancy.com/shop/uploadpic/20091152020125.jpg

Viel Erfolg :) Ich bin gespannt!

MindLess said...

@ Lisa Lotte: Oh, die sehen auch cool aus! Über die Form der Hörner bin ich mir noch nicht so ganz klar. Ich mag auch Neisis Widderhörner...