Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spats, the more you know...

.. the more you want to sew them yourselves! ^^ I already mentioned yesterday that I had a pattern from the Internet and I thought you also might want to try your hand at spats. The pattern I used is from Minnie's Blog Thankyoufornotbeingperky.

The version below is done according to the pattern (btw, the pattern fits great for Doc's in size 39/40 which is the shoe below). For Meara's version I rounded the front and added 4cm to the height. This time I used real buttons (not snaps), but I think that the snap buttons are easier to work with. I lined the pattern with some taffeta lining I had at hand.

I also think about turning the pattern into knee-high spats. Maybe I should try to draft this in a way that you can use it, too?

 photo ST831650_zpsfca578d7.jpg


 photo ST831651_zpsc48845d3.jpg

 photo ST831652_zps10281b05.jpg
The lining might be silk, I have no clue. Bought it in a huge package with lining fabrics and the burn test smells organic...

 photo ST831653_zps89eb5b56.jpg
Don't you love the tiny buttonholes my machine does?! <3 u="">

4 comments:

Selene said...

Yeah, noch mehr Stulpen! Die sehen wunderbar aus.

MindLess said...

@ Selene: Ja, ich liebe den Stoff und die Kombi aus grün und lila... ^^

Insomniac's Attic said...

I really like how you rounded the front - it looks nicer, I think! :o)

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's Attic: I actually like both! The rounded ones look more female, but the square ones remind me more of the real two coloured shoes...