Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Birthday spats!

On Saturday I was invited to Meara's birthday party. So I had to think about a gift as well. I wanted to make something myself, as I love handmade gifts. Not everyone wants them, but a fellow sewist hopefully appreciates them! But I had to make up my mind what I'd like to give to her. At first I thought about some small bags, as Meara keeps her Make up in such bags. Or some accessoirs? But what? A neck ruffle? A necklace or earrings?

In the end - you might have guessed it from the title of the post- I decided to sew some spats. I had a pattern from the Internet and did a trial version first. I liked the result and went to work!

 photo 20130309_183704_zps7a81f539.jpg

All the used materials were from my stash. The fabric actually was in my stash for several years... The piping was already used in another project on this blog. But the snap buttons were new!

3 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

They're beautiful! Don't you just love the internet for patterns like that? Did she love them? :o)

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's Attic: She was head over heels! She will wear them at WGT, maybe I can take some pics of her?!

Insomniac's Attic said...

Oh, that would be awesome! It's always nice to see the item being worn!! :D