Monday, March 11, 2013

9,7m fabric skirt

If you ever think that sewing a tiered skirt is a good idea and much cheaper than buying one, let me tell you how wrong you are. I thought this might be an easy task, done in 2-3 evenings. And I would use a little part of the fabric that I bought which didn't have the right weight for the project I planned.

The skirt took up a part of the fabric, I was right about that. I only have a small 30cm strip leftover that will probably end up in the trash. It also took me 5 evenings plus 1 day. I even had to re-thread my serger about 5 times because it seems not very keen on ruffling. So much for a short rewarding project... Well, now I'm done and I quite like the result. Although in the end I was this close to just throw it out of the window!


It's a great basic skirt that can be worn over a crinoline or just as is. It gives a nice volume. If it wasn't so d*nm annoying to sew, I would make more in other colours. But not right now... Maybe when I'm bored. A lot! ;)

6 comments:

Neisella Nightmare said...

Viel Arbeit. Dafür aber auch viel schön =)

MindLess said...

@ neisel: Ja und ja! ^^

graverobbergirl said...

I hate it when projects turn out far more difficult/time consuming than you had thought. But it definitely turned out gorgeous!

MindLess said...

@ graverobbergirl: I can only agree. The skirt looks nice, but currently I only feel annyoed by it. I will probably take a few weeks without seeing it before I love it truely! ^^

Shannon Rutherford said...

Well, this skirt was worth your effort: it's really pretty! It would make a perfect long petticoat :)

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: That's right! I actually own one krinoline without layers that hide the boning, so I might use this skirt with it.