Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Winter coat with pink leopard lining

This coat was actually done way before the the crinoline outfit (I think I did the finishing touches around New Year's Eve), but I somehow never got around to take pictures of it. The pattern was Number 19 from the Ottobre design magazine 3/2012:


I didn't buy any extra fabric for this jacket, I used everything from my stash: Wool mix for the outer layer, some old cotton flannel (which were leftovers from my mum's attempt to sew pyjama pants) for the inter lining and polyester jersey in bright pink leopard for the lining. I even had the Snap buttons and the zipper in my stash!

 photo ST831604_zps81b0deb7.jpg

 photo ST831608_zpsf330d5c5.jpg

 photo ST831609_zpsd8ad4e85.jpg

 photo ST831612_zps8daf2b4c.jpg

I liked the pattern although I had some troubles with the zipper, I think I sewed this in 5 times in total (two times together with the lovely Neisella who really helped me work out my twisted thoughts!). But I like the look and the jacket is so warm that I didn't freeze when I walked around for 2 1/2 hours at -5°C!

6 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

I never looked twice at #19 originally - I think because they used a patterned material for the example. But I love what you've done with the black exterior and bright interior - I'm definitely thinking about it now! Lovely job!! :o)

MindLess said...

@ Insomniac's Attic: I liked the angled zipper and the hoodie, that's why I went for the attern! I usually try to look for good bones in patterns rather than the fabric they use...

Xanthy said...

Oh I love this jacket! Someday I'll be good enough to do that too :D

MindLess said...

@ Xanthy: Oh, its not that hard! It only took me so long because I was too stupid to figure out a good position for the zip in the first place...

Trisha said...

O.O
wie toll! und gnah, einfach mal so ne jacke :D das innenfutter <3

ich brauch deine motivation! ich schaffs ja nicht mal, mein nähzimmer aufzuräumen xD

MindLess said...

Haha, wenn du mein Nähzimmer sehen könntest... *rotwerd*

Ne Jacke ist für mich viel einfacher als ne Hose. Und schnell ging es auch nicht gerade - siehe Reißverschluss. Aber das Futter liebe ich auch heiß und innig!