Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pocket hoops of doom

I know it seems hard to believe if you check my current output, but I'm still sewing!  In the meantime I had some time to sew my pocket hoops for one of the outfit ideas I had for this year's WGT...

 photo ST831632_zps82142b41.jpg

 photo ST831634_zps3de4e816.jpg

I used black cotton for the pockets and 7mm steel boning for the hoops. A nice feature is that you can really use these pocket hoops as pockets by a slit in the pattern! Now I can smuggle about 10 liters of mead into every concert location! ^^ I used white bias tape with little red hearts for tunnels to include the steel boning. I reduced my stash and will always have a hearty laugh when I check my pockets!

 photo ST831631_zpse97a28c2.jpg

Pocket hoop construction was very easy, I used the German tutorial (which also includes a pattern to draw yourself) from this side. As I already showed you, this year I will wear at least one baroque robe, the famous francaise with manteau foldings. Further undergarments include a corset (one of the roundish ones without much waist pronunciation) and an underskirt. Let's see when I will get started on those...

2 comments:

linnea-maria said...

Oh so practical! And you dont have to carry a purse :)

MindLess said...

Yeah, it's really practical!