Saturday, January 12, 2013

Shirt week - Rockabilly keyhole shirt

For this shirt I wanted to try something new. Once upon a time I fell in love with Smarmy clothes' creations. She recycles clothes - mainly shirts and dresses - and turns them into wonderful new creations. She uses a lot of gothy or scary prints and I feel a little to old and serious now to wear them. But nevertheless I still love her style and was more than happy when I found her tutorials on her blog. I stumpled upon a keyhole tutorial for stretchy shirts and grabbed some rockabilly jersey I had lying around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is nothing hard about sewing the keyhole, but having a jersey friendly sewing machine or a serger makes things even easier! The tutorial I used was this one! Now go and make your own keyhole shirt...

No comments: