Thursday, January 3, 2013

Queen's cape

Some time ago I visited Nachtkatze and took home some great stuff: A link to her polish notion seller and a cape with standing collar which was almost finished. By almost finished I mean that only the back seam needed to be closed and it was awaiting a closure and embelishments. I still don't fully understand why she wanted to get rid of it, but I took it home very gladly!

I closed the seam, ironed it and then it sat on my sewing form waiting to be finished. The wool is of excellent quality and the lining makes it rather warm. At first I thought in the same lines as Nachtkatze, adding some fake fur to make it look more wintery. But his weekend I bought some more fabric and notions and found something that makes the cape more versatile:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I added the chinese braid trim and some black cord for closure. And I'm feeling rather regal in this cape! I already wore this during the Natron & Soda forum meeting and it was warm and cosy thorugh the rain, so I hope to have some outing to wear it again soon...

2 comments:

Nachtkatze said...

Wirklich schön ist es geworden. Ich wusste, es ist bei Dir in den richtigen Händen :)
Ich bin froh, dass es Dir gefällt, für mich wär es einfach nicht das richtige gewesen

MindLess said...

Ich danke dir von Herzen für das tolle Cape, es ist wunderbar verarbeitet! Und es ist so schön kuschlig warm! Mitr war auf dem Weihnachtsmarkt fast zu warm...