What I did was:
- I added an orange boarder around the zig zag piece in the middle, as the piece alone was too small for my likes. For this I used some orange waterproof fabric I was handed down from *wollmaus*. I just sewed strips of the desired size (6cm) plus seam allowance around the inner rectangle.
- Since the quilt was still a bit small-ish, I added another border in black. I think think this is as wide as the zig zags. I made life easier by not sewing pretty corners (mitred corners) but sewing the short sides first and adding the long strips then.
- I bought two fleece blankets from KIK, sewed them together and sewed the top of the quilt right side on right side to the fleece. Of course I left a turning hole!
- Then I added my label. Very important part!
- And last but not least I quilted. Well, actually I sewed once around the orange square and straight lines between the zig zags. Nothing fancy...
A close up to show you some fabrics in detail: