During the last two years I stumbled upon couple gloves in the Internet. I always thought I liked the idea, but I was not willing to spend so much money on them. How comes that I never came up with the idea of making them myself is beyond me! But some weeks ago a member of my sewing forum posted her selfmade couple's glove in her blog and gave a baseline tutorial how to make them (in German). But actually it's not that hard:
- draw a tear shape which covers your hand (or the hand of your partner if he has huge hands like mine)
- ad a straight rectangle on the widest part of the tear
- cut the shape twice from doubled fabric so you get a heart with chimneys (see below)
- cut four more chimney shapes
- sew together the two hearts and two time two of the chimneys
- Sew the chimney tubes onto the heart chimneys
- fold the chimneys in and stitch ones around the top
- ... and you are done!
See? It's very easy and a cute gift idea as well. You can add some decoration as shown in the tutorial, but i was too lazy for that...