Thursday, November 1, 2012

Monthly theme post - Hosiery

It is again time for another monthly theme post (and I have to admit I'm rather happy that I don't have to put much thought into today's post since we partied hard yesterday). This month, Sophistique noir announced the theme hosiery and this is a topic very dear to my heart. Funky tights are one of the very few items of gothic clothes that no one at my job seems to mind. And since I wear a lot of skirts and dresses, those tights see a lot of daylight!

I have to apologize before for the quality of the pictures, I had to make them myself and I couldn't find any option to take nice pictures which show them better on me. So you have to life with strange angles and body less legs, but at least the light is good and the colours are pretty close to reality! ^^




tights with purple jaquard weave. Slightly shiney, very cool! (Primark 2011)

Black tights with red flowers woven in (Lindex 2012, Helsinki)

Tiger net tights (H&M 2011)

Spiderweb net tights - One of two tights I wont wear to work in this post (Some festival 2010)

black tights with woven in white dots - I wore these at my Master's defence (Primark 2009)

The other pair that is not save for work - natural tights with woven in over knee socks (Primark 2012)

Net tights with real tight fabric between the holes and black back seam (Primark 2010)

12 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

Wow! They're all very pretty!
I love the pattern of the first ones; they also look pretty warm and comfortable.
The second ones are my favourite, because of black and red <3 (and flowers, of course)
The spiderweb ones are nice, too <3
And I really like the ones with polka dots, even though they're not "gothic" :) I'd be curious to see what you pair them with, because I always have trouble matching patterned tights with dresses :/

Insomniac's Attic said...

Oh my - I'd love to find a pair of those purple jacquard tights ... :D

MindLess said...

@ SHannon Rutherford: Yes, the purple ones are rather warm, so I can wear them through the winter... I wear the polka dot ones with unicoloured skirts and dresses, but I do wear patterned shirts or carigans with them!

@ Insomniac's attic: Thanks! If I would find them again you can bet I will buy some backups...

linnea-maria said...

Nice tights!! The fishnets with tights fabric seems perfect! I prefer to use tights under my fishnets.

Raphael said...

Ah, I've been thinking of purchasing some tights with woven overknees, preferably with some hint of a garter belt too! They could extend my garter belt period a bit longer when the autumn comes. :) And those ribbons are such cute details!

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: The fishnet tights are perfect when you want to wear something sexy but no too revealing... And tights under fishnets are neccessary otherwise my poor little toes hurt!

@ Raphael: Unfortunately, the overknee part here is as thin as normal tights, so they are not very warm. But Wearing overknees with garthers over normal tights is a great idea!

Julianne said...

Amazing collection!

MindLess said...

@ Julianne: Thanks a lot!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Wow! I love that you have some unique pieces in your hosiery collection. The first pair are simply amazing. I want them!! ;) I love the dots, too. I'm huge on stockings with dots right now. I haven't seen them in black with white dots before; they are really cool!

MindLess said...

@ VictorianKitty: Thanks a lot for your compliments! I'd buy the first ones again, if I ever happen to stumble upon them once more...

Caitlin said...

I love the purple ones and the spider web ones!

MindLess said...

@ Caitlin: Thanks! I have a hard time to wear the spiderweb ones, they only work with pure black in my eyes. Any other prints and I feel costumey...