Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stripey butt ruffle

Most of the time my inspiration comes form pictures I see in the internet. Sometimes from my favourite sewing forum, sometimes it's a tumblr or blog. Since it seems like I'm on a stripey streak recently, I feel most inspired by dark circus or burlesce themes. For my butt ruffle, I used the following inspiration:


My own version is a little bit shorter and has two black ruffles, since I had not enough stripey fabric left:

with the skirt I presented yesterday - back

again with the skirt, here you can see the volume it adds

without skirt

and again without the skirt
I can happily say that I used up all of my stripey fabrics now. And I really like the butt ruffle, it was so easy (cut and sewn in about 2 hours if you have a serger) and is an interesting detail. I plan to make an outfit with stripes for going out to dance on friday. Anyone else happens to be at the Matrix?

5 comments:

Neise||a said...

*Hand heb* Aber das überrascht dich jetzt nicht wirklich, oder? Meara ist wohl auch dabei =)

Wollmaus said...

Liebe!
Das ist so superschön...

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Ich freu mich! ^^

@ Paisleystern: Danke! Ich frag mich nur, was ich dazu anziehen soll... Hmmm...

Shannon Rutherford said...

I love the second inspiration picture <3 stripes + gown = love <3

MindLess said...

@ Shannon Rutherford: I'll show the stuff I wore with it this week, hope you like that, too!