Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stripes here and there and allover

Well, actually I'm not trying to repeat a mistake I made when I was 14 years old by wearing (mismatched) stripes all over. You certainly also have some memories on outfits which you would nowadays regard as rather embarrassing! But back to topic:

I'm still trying to reduce stash which includes getting rid of smaller remnants of fabric. You know, when you cut the piece you intended to make, and are left with a piece that is too big to throw away but to small to sew the same thing again? Those. I had some irregular pieces of stripey jersey left and remembered seeing a stripey shrug on some goth fashion blog. So I made one for myself using the instructions from NatronundSoda (sorry German instruction):



Now the leftovers were even smaller. But I was keen on not giving up and Neisella gave the final idea on what to do with the rest: A jersey miniskirt! The back is about 3cm longer than the front (something that HandM designers tend to forget, my butt is bigger than my front) otherwise the pattern is a simple rectangle. And I'm not making Beetlejuice references, although the fabric might scream for it! ^^


5 comments:

linnea-maria said...

The shrug is wonderful, so nice. I have to check this tutorial. Fortunately I understand German a little :)

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: If you sew one for yourself, we can do a partner look! ^^

Trisha said...

sooo schön!!!

paisleystern said...

Das sieht toll aus!
Und mehr Streifen dürften es wirklich nicht sein, sonst werde ich seekrank beim angucken.

Sehr cooles Outfit.

MindLess said...

@ Trisha: Danke! ^^ Und so einfach!

@ Paisley: Oh noes, heute kommen noch mehr Streifen! Aber etwas andere...