Monday, October 1, 2012

Fabric balance sheet 9/2012

I didn't sew much. Despite having holidays for two weeks in the beginning of this month, my sewing machine hardly saw me. I spent one week in Helsinki, the other week was reserved for my oyfriend and visiting my dad. I also spent a lot of time at work, since I only have about half a year until my PhD is done and several projects are still unfinished. Add to that an increased sportyness (I go to the gym 2-3 times a week) and sewing time is not first priority... This reflects in the numbers:

Incoming:
  • 2m plain cotton from IKEA
  • 2.3m red linen from IKEA
total damage: 4.3 m fabric

Outgoing (only counting finished projects):
  • 2m plain cotton from IKEA - shirt for the boyfriend
  • 2.3m red linen from IKEA - pants for the boyfriend
  • 1m? leftover jersey pieces for a shirt
  • 1m? more leftover jersey for a shrug and skirt
to the rescue: 6m fabric

4.3m - 6m =  1.7m fabric reduced from my stash this month

Well, it was a reduction. But I feel rather unproductive with not touching the sewing machine for weeks on end... I really try to get my mojo back rolling. I will put it on my agenda for this month. After all, christmas is coming closer and at least some of the presents will be handmade!

3 comments:

Neise||a said...

Ich könnte dir bei mir in den Hintern treten?! Treten wir uns gegenseitig xD

Little Miss Phantasm said...

I understand what you mean! I have so much fabric in my stash T-T and no time to sew. I have a coat that I need to be working on so I don't freeze in the winter, that's my main sewing priority as of right now. I also will work on small projects whenever I get free time, like pants. I always need pants!

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Gerne!

@ Little Miss Phantasm: I really try to reduce my stash, but somehow the fabric's sweet temptation is too much for me! ^^ I love your blog, so we might inspire each other to do more sewing...