Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday cake? - Tiramisu

This weekend I was lusting for something more creamy and gooey than cake or cookies. So I decided to make Tiramisu instead. My mum gave me her recipe when I moved out, and it tastes as good as her version despite some improvisation!



I used only half Mascarpone (other half Quark which is a kind of cream cheese) and instead of Amaretto I used marzipan flavouring and good 15 year old whiskey. Neither I nor the boyfriend drink Amaretto, so buying a full 0.75l bottle for making Tiramisu every 3-4 years seemed rather wasteful.

4 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

Oh, wow! It looks *delicious*.
You know, I've always wondered what Quark was since I read "Wir Kinder von Banhof Zoo" (the protagonist said something about how much she loved this thing) :D Tiramisù with cheese is something I've never tried, but maybe you made some improvements to the original recipe :D!

MindLess said...

@ Shannon: Quark is pretty similar in taste to Mascarpone, but has less fat content. It's not salted, unlike cream cheese you can buy from Kraft (Exquisa? I don't know if you have that in Italy).

Shannon Rutherford said...

We do have Kraft products but not Quark :) ok, now I'm starting to get what it is. It surely goes well with tiramisù :D thank your for explaining it to me!

MindLess said...

@ Shannon: You are welcome!