Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cushion covers old to new

In my attempt to reduce clutter - which unfortunately also includes fabric clutter which I lovingly call my "collection"- I'll try to sew the fabrics I bought last month into garments and decoration items before this month ends. I'll start with some quick sewing on 1m of the baroque taffeta...

It all started when the boyfriend noticed that the cushion covers for the living room I sewed when we just moved in were a bit faded. Faded might not be the right word, the were flocked and the flock rubbed off with continuous use. See what I mean?


They were both faded and grey looking, so I started to look for flockprint in the same pattern again. Which was not to be found, so I went for the next best option that at least matched our curtains (done in the same print as the original cushion covers)...



Both cushion covers are sewn easily with an envelope or flap closure. Easy-piesy and I was done in 30 minutes from start to finish! Still have about 30cm of the meter taffeta, though...

2 comments:

Neise||a said...

Die würden auch gut in mein Wohnzimmer passen =)

MindLess said...

Ja, das stimmt! ^^