Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beetlejuice collar

To get rid of the leftover fabric I had from the beetlejuice bloomers I showed yesterday, I did a quick and easy ruffle collar. These are really easy to sew and are a cute accessory when going away partying!



It really doesn't take much to sew them: You have to cut a rectangle of fabric or two (for this I did two, one 20cm wide, one 15cm wide), I usually take the full width of the fabric. Than you either just serge the hems or hem them properly - one could even decorate them with lace! I ruffle them separately by hand because my ruffle foot doesn't give my enough wham with this fabric since it is too smooth. After that I stitch 2m of ribbon into the middle. That's it!

6 comments:

ette said...

Oh, das ist ein cooles Projekt. Erinnert mich ein bisschen an Isas Mühlsteinkragen, den konnte man auch komplett um den Hals oder so offen tragen. Aber deiner ist etwas länger, oder?
Oje, ich muss ganz dringend wieder feiern gehen, um einen Grund zu haben, so etwas zu nähen.
Zeigst du dann auch mal Outfitfotos mit dem Kragen?

Neise||a said...

Da bin ich grad mal ein bisschen neidisch! Ich braich mehr Streifenstoff ^^

linnea-maria said...

It looks damn cool! I've been thinking of making one myself a long time. Wish I had more time in my basement!

MindLess said...

@ ette: Naja, ein Mühli wurd doch eher in Falten gelegt und nicht gerüscht, oder? Und ja, meiner ist länger, der muss ja auch um beide Schultern! Wenn ich ihn ausführe versuch ich dran zu denken...

@ Neisel:Du hast doch noch welchen? Aber Streifen kann ein Goth nie genug haben!

@ linnea-maria: I wish that too! Thanks for the compliment...

Paisleystern said...

Niiiiice! I remember when you first introduced me to "le ruffled wrap" to go with my blue ballgown. <3

MindLess said...

@ Paisley: Yes, and you looked wonderful with it! ^^ That must have been at least 3 years ago. Now I feel old. -.-#