Edit: I tested them without telling the girls and the only replies I got was that they were delicious and very juicy! I also liked them a lot, but I was a little conservative with the sugar (my fault, I took a little less than mentioned in the recipe!) so they were not as sweet as they could have been...
Recipe from fooducate
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained very well - I used kidney beans, for metric unit users: 425g
3 Tbsp canola oil
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract - I used ground vanilla
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed or ¾ cup white granulated sugar
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided - I used real chocolate and cut it into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. - This is ~175°C for my metric friends! ^^
- Spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with cooking spray. - I lined it with parchment, but never had troubles using no fat for my pan before
- In food processor, process black beans until smooth. - I used my Mulinex, you could also use a normal mixer
- Add the eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, and sugar, and process until smooth.
- Add ½ of the chocolate chips, and pulse a few times or stir, so that the chips are mixed in. - I melted these instead of using them whole. 30 seconds in the microwave and you are ready to mix them in.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan, and sprinkle the remaining chips on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.