Thursday, June 7, 2012

Red and Black week: Day 5

For the whole week I've seen people do gradient nails in red and black. I found this fantastic and commented a lot on those posts, always in the lines of "Oh, one day I want to try this too". Well, "one day" is today:


I decided to do them with a gradient from red to black for several reasons:
  1. I already had red nail polish on and the tips needed some work anyway
  2. Everyone and their mother is doing the gradient from black to red, so I wanted to try it the other way around
  3. I only have red glitter ploish and thought the glitter might interfere with the sponge-ing
What do you think: Not bad for a first try, or what?

 

7 comments:

linnea-maria said...

I think it looks great! And I say it again ;) I'll definitely try this!

Wollmaus said...

Cool. Ich müsste mir einen zweiten rechten Arm wachsen lassen, um so etwas hinzubekommen...

ette said...

schickschick, aber ich glaub das wär mir zu viel Arbeit.

MindLess said...

@ linnea-maria: Do try it, it's easier than I thought!

@Wollmaus: Ach gar nicht, das ist echt einfach! Und als Material braucht man nur Nagellack und einen sauberen Küchenschwamm, zur Not lackiert man einfach wieder ab... ;D

@ ette: Geht schneller als ab- und neulackieren ;)

Christopher Courtley said...

Very nice! I'd like to see it on toenails, too. :D

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Very great job! Yes, we've seen a lot of gradient nails this week, but each person has had their own take on the look, which has made it very interesting.

MindLess said...

@ Christopher: Thanks, that's a great idea! Once I repaint my toenails on sunday I might do it!

@Sophistique nori: I kind of feel bad "stealing this idea", but I'm really happy I tried a new techniqe. And thank you for the compliment!