Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WGT - quoth the raven - corset

Since you saw the skirt already some days ago, the corset is the last part of the raven I still have to show you. Despite being made from the same pattern as the itsy bitsy spider corset, the look is totally different here:

front with feather panel

side view - notice that there is no true side seam
back with lacing and modesty panel

Black tafeta, three layers of lining and lots and lots of feathers went into this baby - don't worry about my sanity, I sewed on feather band and not single feathers! Although I don't like corsets without a front closure (why the hell do I keep on sewing them then?), I didn't find another solution if I wanted to cover the front in black fluffyness. Another corset which I will have to wriggle in... *sigh*

5 comments:

linnea-maria said...

Stunning! Amazing! Awesome! I cant wait to see your complete outfits for WGT! <3

kakuidori said...

hmm ich hätts evtl. mit nem zusätzlichen stoffteil und druckknöpfen über der front mit verschluss versucht...

aber auch nur weil ich faul bin *lach* sieht echt toll aus!

MindLess said...

@ Linnea-maria: Thanks so much! I'm very flattered!

@ Kakuidori: Ja, so ein Stoffüberlapp wäre auch gut gewesen. Allerdings ist das Korsett zu groß (trotz gleichem Schnitt?!) und lässt sich auf SToß schnüren, ich komme also recht bequem rein und raus...

Lisa Lotte said...

I LOVE IT <3

Wollmaus said...

Das ist so wunderschön geworden...