Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WGT - itsy bitsy spider - skirt

I mentioned in the glittery spider post that my original draft of the spidery outfit is void and I redesigned it totally. Why? There are several reasons:
  1. The boyfriend wanted to wear red. A colour change was neccessary to look more matchy than clashy!
  2. I found out that I can't dance wearing a long skirt. It hinders my leg movement and annoys the heck out of me. This is especially important when considering that saturday is the "electronic dance day" on WGT, where I _will_ visit dancing concerts. Besides, it might be warm anyway, no way to plan only warm and long skirts for WGT. So, short skirt it had to be...
  3. It still had to be inspired by spiders. I'm sticking to my original idea of an animal related WGT (outfit-wise)!
So, my new idea was to make it in red and black, matching my boyfriend. The short skirt will be a bustle made from red and black tafeta. Since spiders usually have a big abdomen, I think that a butt enhancing skirt makes the right silhouette. I will also integrate spiderwebs in the corset. The originally planned handbag will probably eliminated into a secret pocket in the bustle, I also don't like carrying bags with me while dancing.
Without much further ado, here is the skirt I sewed with help of my friend *wollmaus*:




It was made from red-black changeand tafeta, spiderweb lace and closes with snap buttons. The patterns was taken from this side, so please feel free to sew it for yourself as well!

4 comments:

MarySew said...

<3 super schön!

ich hab noch einen rest roten spinnenentztüll, sag bescheid, wenn dir der weiter helfen würde :]

Neise||a said...

Poufi-pouf :D

Alexandriaweb said...

Cute :D

MindLess said...

Yup, it's really fluffy. Makes my butt look "neo-victorian"! ^^

@ Trisha:
Da ich von Neisi ein Oberteil zur Verfügung gestellt bekommen habe, brauche ich keinen, aber danke, dass du an mich denkst!