Monday, April 2, 2012

Birthday present for a friend

My friend visited me yesterday and since I was not sure whether she reads my blog I didn't want to blow the surprise by blogging before she recieves her gift.

She loves green, so I made her a green and black handbag from a pattern I found on the internet. It's the Buttercup bag by Rae from Made by Rae. The only change I made was to eliminate the decorative tab and add a closure tab instead.The pattern is great, it fits on a fat quarter so you might use it for the pretty quilting fabrics found everywhere...








The fabric I used was an patchwork fabric by Alexander Miller. What's cooler than skulls and knitting needles?

6 comments:

ette said...

wah, how funny. I didn't see the knitting needles until you notices. Is it a Jolly Knitter or a Knitty Roger?^^ sorry, I am a bit silly today.
The information that it fits on a fat quarter is priceless. It is a really nice bag. And with one fat quarter plus lining the bag won't get that expensive either. Wonderful. How did you know I plan to make some new handbags for my Collection? ;-)

MindLess said...

If you don't mind having the same fabric for inside and out, everything fits on one fat quarter... And have fun sewing handbags, it's pretty easy and fast!

linnea-maria said...

That one was cute!!

Wollmaus said...

Wahaha, Jolly Knitter! Super! Und eine echt schicke Tasche obendrein...

Frizzi said...

Die Tasche ist echt hübsch geworden. Der Stoff ist aber auch super!

Neise||a said...

Der Stoff ist genial! Der Schnitt von der Tasche gefällt mir auch gut. Und das passende Futter ist ebenfalls fein! *sehr mag*