Thursday, March 15, 2012

Burdastyle 4/2012

The fourth Burda issue this year and still no real surprises. Some good patterns, some ugly ones... Even some gothy ones in black and lace!


The pattern I like third best is a Burda plus size pattern. I like that for a change Burda did include a pattern which doesn't resemble a potato sack! At least the skirt part is figure hugging and might be a good solution for bigger girls without the classical hourglass figure like me! The loose top part hides a belly but the contrasting skirt lets you appear a lot thinner if you have nice legs.
The second best pattern in this issue is a draped wrap top which just screams spring to me. Somehow it reminds me of a greek goddess! And the drawstring around the waist can be loosened once you have eaten a chocolate egg to many around easter...
The best pattern in my eyes is a close fitting sheet dress wih lace sleeves. So very gothy and this time, I would keep it in the exact same colourway as Burda (which usually _never_ happens)!

Let's head on to the dark side of Burda and start with this interesting black number. While I'm all for black and lace, the pattern combined with the sheerness of the fabric gives the wonderful illusion of saggy boobs. I think the pattern might look decent if the overlap was dense, but - trust me on this one, I showed you an example yesterday- the half sheer overlap never looks flattering!
I thought that we were done with trousers with bagging between the legs? It must have been at least 4 issues since the last diaper pants for grown ups! These pants might work at night or in your yoga class, but please don't wear white pants like this on your way to work or in the city...
You could improve the saggy boobs look from the third worst pattern with wearing the overall on top of the flops. I repeat: Overalls for plumbers, but not for fashion!!!

5 comments:

Neise||a said...

Hihi, das Kleid ist auch mein Favorit (großer Kandidat fürs nächste 12-12 Projekt!)

linnea-maria said...

I have bought a few new issues of Burda but been a bit dissapointed. I have a ton of issues from the 90's and I love them all. There is a lot of classical patterns and very feminine.

MindLess said...

@ Neisi: Da freu ich mich schon drauf!

@ linnea: I haven't bought an issue since am years... I just critisize them and buy other patterns! ^^

linnea-maria said...

I put in my answer of your question here instead :). Johan showed me a beautiful photo he had shot of the northern light he said that it looked all white in real life but on the photo is was lots of green and red. the northern light we saw yesterday wasn't very spectacular and was a bit vague. But they can be very beautiful when they are flashing and moving like silk ribbons in the air.

kakuidori said...

wobeeeeeei -3 könnt mir unter ner overbust corsage gefallen...