Thursday, February 2, 2012

I used to be a steampunker, then I took an arrow in the knee

I only recieved the pattern in january, but secretly I already started working on the pattern! So I proudly present to you my version of Simplicity 2172:

The whole outfit - obviously I didn't make the corset-ty thing

Button close up - the have an atom model (Bohr, for the interested) and say "Travel through space and time"

Closeup of shoulder ruffle detail and the neck ruffle - I really like the look of the ruffled plissè

The pretty insides of the jacket - beige lining, my label and a hook to hang it. Lining was not intended, so I made the pattern up myself

Skirt alone. I'm still thinking about adding a lace border between the two fabrics...

I used black tafeta I got for 2 Euros per meter, light beige polyester lining I got in a surprise package (ebay auction, I think I payed 10 Euros including shipping for 5 kg lining fabric!), some buttons I bought years ago (2009, some things need a resting period before I get to them ^^) and a fabric I'm pretty sure was intended to work as a sunblind... The lace is the leftover from the bustle skirt I made for WGT last year.
I have no idea when to wear it, but it looks pretty good and I will probably find an occasion. As the pieces are separates, I will wear the skirt more often. It was already worn out for a trip to the Matrix at the end of January!

5 comments:

Niniel-Chan said...

Uhh, schön!

Und Rüschen...Rüschen gehen immer :D

by Frizzi said...

Das ist sehr hübsch geworden. Schade, dass man so etwas so selten anziehen kann. Teilweise wäre mir der Stoff etwas zu taftig - aber das lässt sich bei Taft ja nicht vermeiden. Raschelt sicher schön beim Laufen.

MindLess said...

Es glänzt nicht so taftig, eigentlich ist der Taft recht matt. Doofer Blitz!

Und zum Anziehen: Ich geh ja einmal im Monat feiern und dann noch auf 1-3 Festivals, also ausgeführt wird es bestimmt. Ich hatte nur keinen Plan wann ich es anziehen will, was eigentlich eher ungewöhnlich ist. Sonst nähe ich meist Last minute!

Neise||a said...

Neeeein, wieseo habe ich diesen Post übersehen?? Sehr schönes Kleid, mag ich sehr! Die silbernen Rüschen sind toll und passen klasse zu den Knöpfen.

Und ich bin pro Borte =)

MindLess said...

ich glaube, wenn die Borte kommt, probiere ich welche besser aussieht. Ich denke, dass sie den Übergang organischer machen wird. Und wenn nicht, lass ich sie halt weg! ^^