Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fabric market

Last saturday I went to the fabric market here in Essen with two lovely ladies - marysew and Frau Fledermaus! While the market itself was mostly boring and/or expensive, we had a lot of fun! These are the fabrics I didn't buy:



Purrrrrfect stretchy pleather in gold with leopard pattern. The more I look at it, the more I regret not buying it... I would love a moto jacket made from this! Although I'm not sure if I can pull this of. Or handle the comments from men on the street regarding my profession! ^^ Maybe i can find some on the internet...


Galaxy jersey! Ever since I saw the galaxy leggins on the internet, I want them. I have no occassion to wear them, yet the science geek in me demands to wear leggins like this. Only the price tag of 19 Euros per meter is holding me back. Spending 30-40 Euro (I will need at least 1.5m since they only stretch horizontally) on legins I will propably wear 3-4 times? But Neisella had a great idea when I showed her the picutres on our sewing date: I can buy 1m only for the legs and make the part covering my bottom from plain black jersey. I will alwoays cover this with a long shirt/ short skirt anyways and can save 10-20 Euros by doing so. Next time I see the jersey, it will be mine!



This farbic totally reminded me of my grandma's Persian lamb coat. In neongreen. The irony of resewing her coat in neongreen and wearing this around is really hard to resist. Unfortunately, I spent my money on other fabrics...


I spent my hard earned money on these beauties: stretchy lace in black (1.5m), grey jersey (1.5m) and some grey jersey with black lace printed on it (1.1m- was the rest on the bold). Yes, I notice the irony. No, the will be needed for different things. Apart from this I only bought some zippers and bias tape. I'm so boring...

After walking around the farbic market in record time while making fun of ugly fabrics and searching for hidden treasures, we went to a nice little cafe in the city centre. It was very girly, with pink walls, pilllows everywhere and nice homemade food (fruit crumble, truffles and mango cheesecake, only to name a few).

2 comments:

Frau Fledermaus said...

Hier doch immer noch Frau Fledermaus, Herzchen :D
Aber das Leoplasteleder war schon episch ^^

MarySew said...

oh gott, welch unvorteilhaftes bild von mir xD

jaa, lustig wars mit euch! bitte bald wieder!