Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm blue dabbadee-dabbady

Okay, I'm done with stupid song references for this month, I swear! Today I want to show you another masterpiece: My hippie dress!

Front - do you like my mustard leggins?
Back view - the binding straps are hard to see
 As I said, the fabric was bought at the Stoffmarkt in Oberhausen. It's teal with sewn on lace flowers and embroidered flowers as a kind of border "print".  I bought a mere 2m, so I thought I could only sqeeze out a skirt and a bag. But going trough my pattern stash, I found the following:


I made view E with the longer length and decreased sleeve width. Otherwise the dress would look even more hippie and be horribly impractical.  The dress is fully lined to make it fit to colder weather.

Only one more fabric is left from my Stoffmarkt shopping with the lovely MarySew and it's waiting to become a cardigan...

3 comments:

Wollmaus said...

ICH. LIEBE. DIESES. KLEID.

Echt super geworden, vor allem, wie du die Blüten strategisch im Schnitt platziert hast, wunderbar. Ganz großes Kino, ehrlich.

MindLess said...

Danke! *rotwerd*

Das mit der Paltzierung war eigentlich eher ein Platzproblem: Ich hatte nur so wenig Stoff, dass ich das Oberteil mit Blumen machen musste. Ich hätte es eigentlich lieber in Petrol gehabt... Und ich musste beim Oberteil alle Teile separat zuschneiden. Reste waren 2 Streifen und alles in allem 2 Handflächen Stoff! ^^

MarySew said...

DER Peferkte Schnitt für diesen Stoff!!