Wednesday, October 5, 2011

autumn colors and some sewing

This autumn I would like to sew a lot of clothes myself. When I went fabric shopping with the lovely trisha from MarySew.com, I bought some meters of corduroy, knits and special fabrics. At home I realised that I tend to fall back on the same colour sceme every fall. This year I would like to add some punch by using additional mustard accents (I don't know what got into me, and I will wear this colour seperated from my face as it kills my complexion!):

So, I proudly present the first results from my wardrope sewing: A teal pullover!


The fabric - according to the burn test, I had no information from the seller- is at least partially wool with some synthetics. Sewing was pretty quick since I only used my serger. The pattern was drafted myself! The leftovers were sewn into a twisted cowl:

just layed around the shoulders
double twist
The pattern is just a rectangle, sewn together at one side after twisting the fabric once... What do you plan to sew for colder weather?
In combination - very fluffy collar

3 comments:

MarySew said...

oooh, ist der schön geworden O.O

und gnii, leo rock ^^

Neise||a said...

Ich will für die Übergangszeit endlich mal meinen knallblauen Trenchcoat umsetzen. Das ist zwar vermutlich wieder so ein Fall von "muss ich unbedingt haben, trag ich dann aber doch nicht", aber egal. Stoff und garn hab ich schon hier T_T
Fehlt nur noch die Zeit... (momentan ist ja endlich mal Rokoko angesagt...)

Wollmaus said...

Der Pulli ist toll <3
Und der Cowl auch, gute Alternative zum Stricken!

So.....Senf? Senffarbene Acessoires? Find ich gut. Vor allem in Kombination mit den anderen Farben! Ich bin schon gespannt, wie du das umsetzt.

Ich nähe gerade an meinem Wintermantel, und stricke OWLs für mich in anthrazit (allerdings als Kleid). Der Herbst kann kommen.