Friday, September 23, 2011

Burda Style 9/2011

Better late than never, huh? Sorry, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of "Trachten" (traditional German/bavarian costumes), so an issue with mainly is hardly on my top of the to-do-list. Which means that it totally sliped my mind that I should do this review...


Okay, if you leave out the dirndls, there are some patterns I liked. The blazer - minus the bellow pockets - is rather neutral. I like blazers in general, so this pattern would do no harm.
The blazer on the right (spotting a pattern in my pattern choice?! ;) ) has this interesting foldover detail, although I find the neckline rather bland. Do you think that the fold in front would interfere with a revers collar? If not I should put this on my to sew list!
The winning dress looks like a new take on the galaxy dress. Intersting neckline, clean pattern, longsleeves for autumn/winter - could be nice, but you need an occassion to wear this...

From goodies to baddies: Okay, I don't want to pick on the Trachten-stuff again, but this cardigan is borderline ugly. It looks frumpy and bumpy and what about this embroidery detail? Honestly, I have nothig nice to say about this design. If you want to invest the time to knit a cardigan yourself, choose a prettier pattern!
The rectangle vest on the left doesn't make this issue better. Who wants to wear a square of fur over your waist? Not flattering unless you have very skinny arms, no chest and a big belly which admittedly would be hidden...
Worst pattern for me is this coat. I have to admit that the choice of fabric increases my annoiance by this pattern (Leopard sleeves? Honestly? Not enough money/boldness to go full leopard? ). But still: Sagging shoulders? Contrast sleeves? O-shaped? Even the model wearing the coat looks somewhat disappointed...

No comments: