Sunday, August 28, 2011

sunday cake - russian cheesecake

Another sunday, another cake! Today I present you an adaptation of my favourite cake ever - cheesecake! Ever since being a little child, I loved cheesecake. I wished for cheesecake for my birthdays, on special occassions and while I admit I tried several versions like New York cheesecake or cheesecake with fruits, in the end I always returned to my mum's recipe! To this day I get a cheese for every birthday, delivered by my lovely mum...

Why do I call this russian cheesecake? There is this variation of cheesecake with a chocolate bedding and chocolate crumble on top. I added cocoa to my mum's cheesecake and now have this delicious cake:

Yumminess!

I also made some test minicakes as I will brig the big cheesecake to work tomorrow... 

artistic shot in mainy black and white

chocolate basis, cheese topping

2 comments:

MarySew said...

it looks so yummy! so, is the recipe a family secret or would you mind to share it? :D

MindLess said...

I'll ask my mum and post it if she is okay with it...