Sunday, August 21, 2011

sunday cake - plum cake


Sorry that I'm late with posting, but I spent my weekend with my mum unpacking her boxes from the move. In addition to building furniture, sorting through stuff she thought belongs to me and unpacking, I also cooked. And baked a cake from the beautiful plums she was given by a friend! Of course, in a newly inhabited flat you don't have all the supplies, so I had to improvise...

Plum cake with yeast

400g all purpose flour
1 package of dried yeast
120g sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons of pumpkin seed oil
500-700g of plums

Mix all ingredients and let the dough rest for 1 hour in a warm place, covered with a wet towel or a lid. In the meantime cut the plums in halves and remove the stone. Afterwards, put the dough in a cake form or spread it on a backing sheet (cake form means thicker dough, sheet requires more plums for covering ;) ). Bale for ~50 minutes at 180°C.

And add whipped cream for serving! This step is absolutely neccessary! ^^


No comments: