Friday, August 19, 2011

Pink and sporty

looks a bit like a nighty...


I'm in a sewing rush! The pullover dress I present you today was made from fabric I had in my stash for approximately 3-4 years, so I did some stash reduction as well. When I bought the fabric I had great plans, but today I dont remember them any more. It seems like my taste changed to a more calm and sophisticated style... But I will wear this dress for my hip hop class I started this week. And maybe for hanging around my place on weekends!

kangaroo bag - needed for keys and small bits and bobbins

Most of the seams were done by my overlock, so the whole thing (including cutting) took approximately 2.5 hours. I used the stripes a little bit creatively, all bindings were done  vertically while the main body and the sleeves are cut horizontally. Thank goodness for 2 way stretch!





3 comments:

MarySew said...

ohh, das ist toll. ich mag den stoff sehr gerne :)

Wollmaus said...

Wahnsinn, die Einfassung sieht so sauber aus! Bei Gelegenheit musst du mir mal sagen, wie man das aus Stretch so schön hinbekommt.
Da steckt doch bestimmt wieder ein besonderer lenelein-Trick dahinter...

MindLess said...

Einfach einen Jerseystreifen zusammnklappen und mit der Overlock an den Rand nähen. Geht natürlich besser bei etwas steiferem Jersey wie hier - allerdings hat das beim Leokleid auch gut funktioniert!