Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Plans changed, but still I tackled something!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme
Today was tuesday again and originally I planned to decorate the balcony. But looking outside today I just saw this:
That's why I decided to do some indoor tasks today. Don't call me princess, but this was decidedly to wet for me and nice pictures!

So what did I do? I cleaned the scale from our faucet! For the sink you can already see the before and after pics but for the bathtub I will leave the mixture on a little longer... Maybe even overnight!
Sink:


Bathtub:
As you might see, I used elastics to tie a ziplock baggie filled with water + citronic acid + dental cleaner to the faucet. The water here is really caulky so we need to repeat this treament every three month!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great Tackle! Our new house has a water softener, so I really don't miss having to clean that stuff off the faucets. :-)

Andrea McMann said...

Nice before and after! I've never heard of that mixture to get rid of scale. I'll have to try it. :)

Susie said...

Awesome tackle!

shopannies said...

that is beautiful

Becca said...

Wow, that looks really clean now!